Here are tips from my friend Gini, the EMail Therapist, on how to get through the day with good energy!
* Respect your natural inclinations, anticipating highs and lows during the day, week and month
* Schedule your time in a way that helps you take advantage of the “high energy” times such as doing the hardest tasks when you feel more alert
* Plan the “no brainer” tasks when you are at your lowest energy level, such as filing
* Follow your coffee or tea with water; digesting water creates a molecule of energy!
* Avoid sugar-snacks–the energy drop after the initial boost is not worth the effort and calories
* Take a brisk walk to wake up
* Tap your head with your fingertips to stimulate brain function
* Think “quality” not “quantity”: how well you perform is more important than how hard you push
* Avoid saying to yourself “I’m so tired!” Instead say, “I feel better when I pay attention to my body’s needs.”
* Take “5” to revive: Allow your self 5 minutes to sit still with eyes closed as you invite your body to regroup and recoup.
* Breathe consciously and deeply for 5 breaths, sending the signal for energy throughout your body
* Laugh about something
* Imagine how you’d feel if you knew you were going shopping or going to a sports event –it’s like magic!
These tips really work! You will feel better!
For regular emails from Gini, contact her at UpLifts@mac.com, and check out her website www.holisticmatters.com. She is just terrific in person and on line!